Knapton Village Photo Competition
…open to all ages…
We are looking for all of our budding photographers to take part in a competition to take the best photo of our village or it’s beautiful surrounding area.
There are two age categories:
Junior: Up to 16 years old on 1st June 2019
Senior: Over 16 years old on 1st June 2019
- photos must have been taken in Knapton, or within 2 miles of the Village Hall, between the 1st of January and 24th of August 2019
- they must be representative of where we live
- each person can enter up to a maximum of 3 photos but each will be judged as a single entry (i.e. not as a group). Multiple entries will be grouped with a code letter so the judge knows they come from the same photographer but all entries will be anonymous to the judges
- each photo must have a title and must be a single photo. It may be cropped if necessary but composite pictures will not be permitted
- entrants will need to download an online entry form and complete it with the photographer’s name and a title for each photo. We would like to know what kind of device was used to take the picture. This information will NOT be shown until after the winning entries have been announced
- entries must be sent digitally to the email address on the form
- anyone who has ever sold a photograph for money is not eligible to enter
- the closing date for entries is Saturday 24th August 2019
All the photos entered will be posted on this site on Sunday 25th August and we invite everyone in the Parish to vote for their choice of the 3 best photos in each category before midnight on Sunday 1st September 2019.
There will be up to 3 prizes in each category. £20 for the winner, £10 for the runner-up and a discretionary third prize of £5, providing we have a reasonable number of entries, for both competitions.
The winning entries in each category will be the ones which get the most votes and will be announced here on the Village Website and the Knapton News
So get out there and start clicking… then encourage everyone else in the village to vote.