Knapton Village Photo Competition
…open to all ages…
We are looking for all of our budding photographers to take part in a competition to take the best photo of our village or it’s beautiful surrounding area.
There are two age categories:
Junior: Aged up to 16 years old on 4th May 2021
Senior: Aged 16 years old or over on 4th May 2021
- photos must have been taken within 2 miles of the Village Hall, between the 8th May 2019 and 4th May 2021
- they must be representative of where we live
- each person can enter up to a maximum of 3 photos but each will be judged as a single entry (i.e. not as a group). Multiple entries will be grouped with a code letter so the judge knows they come from the same photographer but all entries will be anonymous to the judges
- each photo must have a title and must be a single photo. It may be cropped if necessary but composite pictures will not be permitted
- entrants will need to download an on-line entry form, available below from 1st March 2021, and complete it with the photographer’s name and a title for each photo. We would like to know what kind of device was used to take the picture. This information will NOT be shown until after the winning entries have been announced
- entries must be sent digitally to the email address on the form
- anyone who has ever sold a photograph for money is not eligible to enter
- the closing date for entries is Friday 30th April 2021
All the photos entered will be posted on this site as we receive them and we invite everyone in the Parish to vote for their choice of the 3 best photos in each category before midnight on Monday 31st May 2021.
There will be two prizes in each category
- £20 for the winner
- £10 for the runner-up
There will also be a discretionary third prize of £5 in each category, providing we have a reasonable number of entries.
The winning entries in each category will be deemed to be the ones which get the most votes and the results will be announced here on the Village Website and the Knapton News.
So get out there and start clicking… then encourage everyone else in the village to vote.