In 1881 the architect, Sir Gilbert Scott, was brought in to arrange for the restoration of the Church. As a result of his inspection a great number of projects were undertaken but no work was carried out on the bells. The Church was reopened on Sunday, September 9th, 1883.
50 years after this restoration work was carried out the bells were sent to bell founders, Messrs. Gillett & Johnston. Their Croydon factory was one of the first steam-powered clock factories in the world and in 1868 the well-known clock tower at the factory was built as a working advertisement. They are now based in Bletchingley.
The three trebles were recast in 1932 and were rehung on a steel frame for six bells.